In Madison and across Wisconsin
Get unstuck. Get your life back.
Your world feels out of control. The more you do to feel better, the more it seems that you have to do to manage fear and worry.
- Distress from unwanted thoughts
- Avoiding people and places that seem to make thoughts and feelings worse
- Concern that if you don’t do the right things, something wrong could happen to yourself or others
- Fear that your anxiety could get out of control and unmanageable
- Worry about who you are as a person because of your thoughts
- Conflict and stress in relationships
You have aspirations, relationships that you care about, and things you want out of your life, but unwanted thoughts are railroading your life. You find yourself doing whatever it takes to relieve fear, worry, and doubt but it is taking up your time and your energy and, no matter what you do, the benefits never seems to last.
The worst part is that no one else seems to understand what you are feeling and fearing. It’s getting lonely to start to feel like you are hiding in plain sight, cautious and worried. You’re careful and thoughtful, distracted with efforts to pacify your anxiety through actions, conversations, or your own mental gymnastics to try to make everything ok.
There is hope. OCD does not have to be in control.
Obsessive-compulsive disorder can be overwhelming, frightening, and remarkably dominate in every part of life, but we have treatment that has helped countless people. Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) is the gold standard with support for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) all of which are the cornerstone of OCD therapy at Riverbirch Therapy.
Therapy for OCD can help you:
- Understand how your choices can either decrease or intensify your symptoms
- Increase your confidence in navigating feared emotions and situations
- Face your fears intentionally and collaboratively by your choice
- Name your values and purpose in life and take actions that authentically align
- Maintain your gains and spot sneaky OCD in your relationships, interests, and personality quirks so that you can master the difference between you and OCD
The best way out is always through.
Who I work with:
- College students whose studies and social life are getting hijacked by obsessions and compulsions
- Professionals finding that OCD is keeping them from completing their work efficiently, concentrating in meetings, or even getting out the door on time
- Busy, thoughtful, and creative people who suspect that their OCD is holding them back from fulfilling their aspirations or their desire for deeper relationships
- Parents or parents-to-be navigating the overlap of OCD and parenting
- I work with clients with Trichotillomania (hair pulling disorder) as it primarily overlaps with anxiety. Trich is related to OCD and is a Body-Focused Repetitive Behavior which I treat with Habit Reversal Training (HRT) with CBT
Who I refer out:
- Riverbirch Therapy is a small practice with limited hours and is not appropriate for clients in need of emergency, urgent, or on-call responsiveness. I cannot work with clients who are best served by a clinic, group practice, or hospital.
- Riverbirch is currently reviewing new client openings for adults only.
Ditch Worry.Embrace Joy.
riverbirch™ boutique therapy
Caitlin Mosman Block MS, LPC
riverbirch™ and the Stylized Leaf logo are trademarks of Riverbirch Therapy LLC
Copyright © 2022-2023 Riverbirch Therapy LLC